Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Final Report on PLN

BEST PLN NOMINATION

My Personal Learning Network, or PLN, has really developed into a vast array of resources for me to use. I am very grateful to be in EDM310, because I know I can follow many professionals in the teaching field by using the many tools I have learned in here. I will be confident that I am up to date on all of the new learning styles and technology tools as well as other areas of interest that I would like to follow. The best example I know of a PLN is the EDM310 Class Blog which, just so happened to be nominated for the 2010 Best Use Of A PLN award. Way to go Dr. Strange and EDM310!

Twitter
I am still tweeting and following technology teachers, usgs, friends, financial guru's and several others on Twitter. I have added several people to follow and several more are following me since my last update. Recently, I have "retweeted" and read articles and referred them in a tweet.

Blogger
I am now following more blogs than the last time I commented on my PLN. I am setting the blogs to RSS feed into my google reader. I like to read the articles quickly. It helps me save time and keep up to date. I really enjoy this feature. I hope to be an active part of EDM310 alumni in the future. I would also like to keep my blogger current in order to have something interesting to put on my resume.

Google
I have added my name and my blog name to the Google Alert tool to my email account. I will be thrilled if something ever shows up! I plan on using google docs to do a power point next week. I have used Google Images countless times to add pictures to enhance my blog.

Skype
I have used Skype with Raley in class for a required project. My sister and I plan to Skype again in the near future. She just bought the newest iphone and it has a skype app you can use. She lives in Arkansas and has a new baby, so I think it will be exciting for us to use so I can keep up with the growth of my new niece!

Drop Box
I have been using drop box to create a reading list. When I come across something interesting while doing EDM projects, but do not have the time to read the article in depth, I will put it in my drop box for later.

Symbaloo
I must admit, I have not been using symbaloo as much lately. I am not sure if it was my computer, but it seemed harder to open some links and navigate like usual when I used this feature. It grew a bit frustrating. So, I am back to using my "favorites" button. If the feature improves, or I learn how to use it better, I may consider going back to Symbaloo.

Imovies and Book Trailers
I have used Imovies to make movies and book trailers on my blog. I can see myself using these in the future to enhance my blog, which is a big part of my PLN.

Thank you Dr. Strange for your class! Even though there has been a bit of work, I cannot think of another class that I have had so far that will be more relative to my new career.

No comments:

Post a Comment