Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Blog Post 1

A couple paragraphs about myself, here goes. In October of 2010 my family moved from Little Rock, Arkansas to Fairhope, Alabama. My family consists of David, my husband of fourteen years, and my son, Jackson, who is twelve years old. We moved here to be closer to my relatives in Magnolia Springs, Alabama. We fell in love with the area during multiple yearly trips starting fourteen years ago.

My work experience over the last thirteen years includes being a Vice President for my own mortgage company, co-owned with my husband, a Loan Officer for a local bank and a Credit Manager for a multi-million dollar interior furnishings company. While my background is in finance, I am more than ready for a complete career change. I am very grateful to be given this opportunity to switch career fields in the middle of my working career.

I am attending the University of South Alabama in order to receive a degree in early childhood education. My son's lower school experience in Little Rock was absolutely phenomenal and I want to be a hard working part of that kind of dynamic school somewhere in this area. I am ready for a new challenge in early childhood education. Being a loan officer has sharpened my listening and problem solving skills. It has also helped me learn to balance heavy work loads and to multi-task. I enjoy staying busy and hope to entertain children with learning in the future.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Christina,
    Good luck with your new career choice! It sounds like you have a great family and I enjoyed reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Christina!

    Welcome to EDM310!

    Goodness! It sure seems like you're a busy woman! It sounds like you've had some great experience in the world of finance. But welcome to the world of education! This class will definitely help you develop some great ideas with what you want to incorporate into your future classroom.

    I have two notes for you, though! The picture you posted above is meant to be your default Blogger picture. Just go to Blogger.com, log in, and then select "Edit Photo," which will be on the left side of the page.

    You also need to be sure to add at least one picture, complete with title and alt modifiers in all of your upcoming posts.

    Other than that, great job! I'm looking forward to seeing your work this semester! :)

    - Allie

    ReplyDelete
  3. We seem to be in the same spot in our lives. I have also worked for several years in various positions that dealt with finance and mortgages. I also have a son that is 12 and surely understand how it feels to be fortunate having experienced wonderful teachers. I look forward to getting to know you and working with you on projects. Best of luck in the class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is great to hear from someone who has a similar background! I started as an education major my first trip through college and decided to switch to finance after two years. It's crazy how things come full circle. I was chasing the money rather than the career that was in my heart. With all of the kids, I have experienced so many teaching styles, I can't wait to make use of them in my own classroom! I just hope the industry will hold out long enough for me to finish school. Good luck to you as well! I look forward to meeting you too!

    ReplyDelete